1) Life is not Instant Pudding; it takes work to make it come together.
2) The best decisions I have made thus far have required HUGE leaps of faiths- it’s worth the risk to take the jump.
3) How far down Rock Bottom is, is different depending on the situation and the person; but there is always a way to climb up and out.
4) It’s not always rainbows, butterflies, and unicorns- but it’s always worth it to hold on to optimism. Negativity invites negative things into your world.
5) People come into our lives for a reason. Some stay, some go, and some come and go over and over again… But every relationship we form has value and has a lesson and meaning.
6) Anger, resentment, and bitterness get you absolutely nowhere- Get off the Cross we need the Wood!
7) It is valuable to learn the art of true forgiveness- forgive and forget is an adage that doesn’t hold a lot of validity but forgiveness is an action that is continuous and is as much for you as it is for the person you give forgiveness to.
8) Feel things immediately. Take the time to work through situations as they come, because burying things will only turn to poison. Don’t linger though.
9) Failure has its place in our lives- Failures today will be a life lesson to help us succeed in the future. They are part of what makes up who we become, but they are not what define us.
10) Money does not grow on trees. SAVE!!! Your Dad and Dave Ramsey were super right!
11) Credit Cards are the devil in your 20’s. It’s a conspiracy that they would even give someone under the age of 25 a credit card!
12) Those milestone birthdays 13-16-18-21… All seem silly and childish when you get to 30. You laugh really hard that you ever thought you were a grown up at 18 or 21. And you will likely laugh at yourself when you are 40 for thinking you were grown at 30.
13) Even the best laid plans do not mean that you will accomplish that plan. Life is a 60/40 split of Fate and Planning.
14) Your bull shit tolerance somehow disappears the closer you get to 30. Drama that used to be normal to you won’t even consider putting up with now that you have moved away from your 20’s.
15) Somewhere in my late teens I was given multiple examples that relationships are full of drama and angst. It turns out that those were examples of what NOT to do.
16) Love should be easy, and by easy I don’t mean that there is no work involved and nothing to overcome… But there should be little to know drama.
17) If someone cheats on you, that is there affliction not yours. They also will do it again more often than they will not.
18) Something that feels like the end of the world today will not hold much meaning 1, 5, 10, or 20 years from now. Take things in stride. You will one day laugh about things that have made you cry.
19) You make you happy, if you happen to find someone you can be happy with that is just icing on the cake.
20) Take all that you can from every job you hold. Regardless if it’s 10 month at Hell-Mart or 8 years in a hotel, there is something of value to be learned that will take you closer to your goals.
21) Going to college isn’t a necessity but it will make a difference in the opportunities and the money that comes your way.
22) Love is eternal regardless of the outcome because it creates something that wasn’t there before.
23) Your soul can be tied so deeply to a pet that it will be as great of a loss losing them as it would a human family member.
24) Sometimes you have to walk away from something/someone, because no matter how much you wanted it to work you can’t lose yourself in the process.
25) Do not let a theology or a human being dictate your faith. No one has the right to tell you what and/or who to believe in.
26) People will believe what they want to believe, regardless if it’s hateful and harmful. You will end up beating your head against the wall trying to figure out how someone who doesn’t even know you can hate you. Don’t waste your time trying to figure out why, just live your live as an inherently good person. Be the change you want to see.
27) When you do want to stand up for something you believe in, do so peacefully, tastefully, and with a TRUE UNDERSTANDING of both sides of the debate. Form your own opinion by researching both sides and opinions from the middle ground. This world is not black and white… You gotta understand the gray.
28) Do not commit things to film the internet, or your skin that you do not want to have to explain or hide from your parents, children, grandchildren, or a very importantly a future employer. We do not live in a world of anonymity, so make good choices.
29) Change is inevitable. Regardless if you want it or not it is always, always going to happen!
30) I have no doubt that the best is yet to come in life! Every day I wake up and I am thankful for the chance to see another day.